“Their Shared knowledge made them wise
Their wisdom made them successful”
AIM: Promote professional development among staff entering the workforce and provide opportunities for a career path within the Transport Industry.
PROCESS: Match young/entry level staff with a mentor from a different department/company they are working in. This will allow exposure to other areas of the business and provides an independent view to any problems or issues the mentees may have.
- Give opportunity for Mentors/Mentees to spend time up to an hour together per week
- Provide assistance and encouragement for trainees to complete their studies
- Be prepared to spend time with Mentees (suggest one hour per week)
- Assist Mentees in professional development
- Make contact with Mentees each week and be approachable for Mentees to discuss any problems they may have.
- Be committed to Buddy program
- Complete tasks/goals with agreed timeframe
- Make contact with your mentor as required (suggest minimum one hour per week)
- Potential professional development for all parties involved
- Junior to have a professional approach towards their work and career
- Stronger understanding and commitment towards their work and business and industry
- Increased knowledge base between workforce generations
- Magnify role models with the transport industry
- Leadership development